Monday, June 16, 2008

Work Tonight

Tonight at work was fun. It felt like I was in charge of the entire kitchen for a while.

I started off as Stocker #2. This means that I make sure that everything in the front is stocked. I had to fill the ice and let me tell you, if I have to keep doing that there is no way that I will continue to have no upper body strength. That lasted for 3 hours.

After my break I had to do the job called Fries 1 which means I make the fries and the corndog nuggets. The girl doing Fries 2 drove me insane. She cannot handle stress or busy periods well. She was flipping out and I had everything under control. I was also bossy to the people making hot dogs because we were busy and they had no idea what they were doing or how many to make. This woman Yovana told me that I was really good at my job. Coming from Yovana, this is one of the biggest compliments I can possibly get at Casey's. Yovana is a quiet woman, quick and extremly efficent at her job. That seriously made my night.
On top of that I felt like I gained the respect of one of the coordinators who I am pretty sure doesn't like most of the people that work at Casey's. Go me!!

For the last hour of my break I was working the front covering Toppings Piano. I have only one story from that. There was a little boy who had a glow wand and was playing with it. When he looked at me, I asked him if he was a wizard. He shook his head no so I asked him if he was a magician, like Merlin. He smiled and said yes. I told him that I loved Merlin. Then I asked if his wand would light up and turn colors (I knew it would but it was off when I asked). He didn't say anything but he turned it on for me. Afterwards he went and told his grandmother about it. She smiled at me and that made me happy.

Well, that's all my news for now. So I'm going to watch Friends and go to bed before my 10 hour shift tomorrow. Byes!

2 comments:

Mom said...

I am pretty sure that you will soon being taking over the Magic Kingdom.

Magenta said...

Can you imagine ... running out of ice in Florida in the summer! You should have a pretty good workout system in place.

We are looking forward to your promotion to Magic Kingdom Manager!