Sunday, June 8, 2008

Stupid Gay Day

Conidering that I had a 12 hour shift today, I am suprisingly not wiped out. I am sort of annoyed but that isn't really about work.

Today was the start of Gay Days in the parks. It lasts until Saturday. Totally infuriatiting. Not because of the people who are gay but because people as a group are stupid. Most of the individual gays were fine, it was the large groups that I wanted to scream at. One group came in and chanted "Gay, Gay, GAY!" over and over to anyone not in a red shirt (red is apparently the colors of the gays, at least on gay days). It just made me mad that these people had no respect for people not like them. Especially since we're at a child friendly park. There was absoulutly no reason for that.

About work: My 12 hour shift FLEW by. Of the 12 hours, I had a 1 hour break, 2 hours of slowness, and 9 hours of non-stop busy periods. At least that made the shift fly. I think I lost another 10 pounds today from running back and forth and sweating. At least I got to work in the Front of the House, which is my favorite position. I made new friends at work today and teased my friends I already had while they teased me. Marvelous work day minus the idiots. But you get those everywhere so it's to be expected. I didn't let them ruin my day so go me.

After my shift I laughed. I got a voicemail from Mantha that was high pitched, deafening and almost unintelligble. It screamed at me that "I GOT A CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" There were probably more exclamation points in there but you get the idea. I'm so happy for her. I'll have to try to call her tomorrow to talk about that. Not sure how that's going to work since I have another 11 hour day tomorrow. Yay for overtime/time and a half for me!

Regarding Bailey: after work I got a text message from Bailey, after the voicemail from Mantha. It stated that Bailey quit her job. I'm glad because she has been miserable at that job for over a month. Being miserable just isn't worth it. There are many other opportunities out there for her. I'm proud that she quit; she sounded so ecstatic. She promised to call me tomorrow with more details. Yipee I get to talk to Bailey!!!!!!!!!

Well, my roommates should be back soon and they promised to make me cookies when they got back. That's what they went out for, stuff to make cookies. I consider that a great way to end the day. And since I worked off some weight I think I deserve a cookie or two. This might not be the best way to lose weight, but at the rate I'm going I might need the help not to become a stick or some such thing. Well, that's all for now. Byes!

2 comments:

Magenta said...

And you know how great it is to get is to GET your first car!!!!! How exciting that she called you to share her joy!

Mom said...

I am glad you have enough sense to not let stupid people ruin you good day. Nobody has an excuse to be that rude.
Mantha is happy!!