Saturday, June 14, 2008

Last 2 Days

Friday night at work:
So last night kind of sucked at work. I was in the back of the house all night until close. I hate the back of the house because I don't get to see guests so I don't get to have fun stories about my interactions with them.
The only funny guest story from yesterday was one that talked to my coordinator Carlos. The guest asked him, in all seriousness, "The Grand Slam All Beef Hotdog, that's vegetarian right?" It's an all beef hotdog. No it is not all vegetarian. It took everything that Carlos had not to be rudely sarcastic about that.
Closing last night was terrible!!!! I was supposed to help close the front of the house. The reason it sucked was nobody knew what they were doing. Freaking nobody!!!!! They all trained with me so I know that they were taught. So I got to do most of the work while showing them how. Then I helped in the back of the house because my friend Sara was closing back there and she had to close the warmers. Closing the warmers means getting down on the floor basically to close the bottom parts of the warmer. Sara has back problems and has issues bending down so low. I told her I would do it because obviously getting low to the ground is not a problem for me.
My sad news of last night is that it was the last night that Carlos worked his last shift at Casey's yesterday. He is my favorite coordinator and he's gone after I've known him only 2 weeks. :(

Yesterday before work was fun though. I went out for lunch with Abby and Bree and Nicky. On the way back from lunch and the post office to mail presents to the cousins, some jerk decided it would be fun to tailgate me. Problems with that: 1. It had just poured so the roads were wet so speeding is a bad idea, 2. the light had just turned red so I had to stop, 3. Once the light was green everyone was going slow because the roads were wet, 4. I was in the far right lane which is the slow lane anyways. Well, this guy couldn't get around me for a bit and once he did, he threw a something, I'm assuming it was a cup with some beverage in it, at my car. He threw this over his passenger to hit my car. We all laughed because it so ridiculous.

Today at work:
I was supposed to work for 12 hours today but my body decided that it hates me and made me sick. I hadn't really eaten anything so it rejected everything that I drank. Since I work at a food place I had to be sent home. So instead of 12 hours, I got about 5. :(
Good news about today! I got a Great Service Fanatic card today. That means that I get a good review on my record and I get entered into a drawing for some prize or another. That made me happy. I got the card because I am always within Disney Look guidelines. Go me.

So, now that I am home and showered, I am eating chicken noodle soup that Wendy made for me because she is amazing and she loves me and we are watching Pete's Dragon. Yay for things that can't make me sicker.

Well, that's all for now. Tomorrow is Father's Day and I hope that my Dad likes my card that I sent him and that my Mom hasn't lost the gift that I sent home with her for Daddy. Byes!!

3 comments:

Mom said...

Sounds like reality has touched down in the magic kingdom. You have been working a lot. Your body just demanded some rest. Glad you have nice room mates you help take care of you.

Gary & Laurel Cox said...

Awww. Poor Ashley. I am sure the magic is still alive and well at the MK. Just make sure to get rest. Love you...talk to you later today.

Magenta said...

as Dad says ... just be ready to answer this important question: "How do you spell MGM?"

You are a great employee, a few sick hours won't hurt you ... besides, I bet you got a nap out of it!

I'm so proud of your work there. You are a wonderful employee, and you should have no problem petitioning for the Professional Intern Program ... they want people like you! You know, cute, little (and hard workers)

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!! We love you! You are the reason we celebrate today! P.S. Dad wants to open your card (and gift!!!) when he talks to you on the phone today.