Sunday, June 1, 2008

Overview

So, today I had to get up at a time that I did not believe existed. I had to be up at 5 IN THE MORNING. That time has never existed in my world. O well, that will be the end of my early morning rant.

I had to be up so early so that I could go to my overview/walkthrough of the Magic Kingdom, my new place of employment! It was 5 hours walking through the park and the backstage area and then 3 hours of lunch, intro to my new job, a few videos and getting my costume.

The walking all day really didn't bother me. It was hot, but it could have been worse. As a group we got to ride the Haunted Mansion and Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger ride. That was fun and air conditioned. I am coming to appreciate air conditioning a heck of a lot more than I used to. Go figure.

Backstage was amazing. I got to see 8 characters without their costumes. It was kind of weird. I saw Cinderella, Aurora, Belle, Alice, Ariel, Jasmine, and Wendy. Totally weird. It still made me happy even though it was a little odd.

So, I am officially working at Casey's Corner, a hot dog shop on North Main Street. My costume is a baseball looking uniform. I actually wanted to work here. I can pull of baseball cap and uniform. I think I look kinda cute in my new costume. That's a perk because a lot of people think they look hideous in their costumes.

My first day of training is tomorrow from 16:30 (we go by military time here; for those who don't know what that means, I am starting at 4:30 pm) and my shift lasts until 24:45 (aka 12:45 am). At least I get to sleep in. I have to go into the park kind of early to get the rest of my uniform; I forgot to get my special socks and they were out of aprons. O well. At least I won't be late. Because if you are even a minute late to clock in you get in trouble. So I will never be late. Ever!

Last night, I went to Epcot for a little bit with Abby and we met up with Wendy. We didn't get to see much since there is SO much at Epcot. But we have plenty of time to see it all.

I have to go get my shoes sometime tomorrow or tonight. I get 50% off at Payless so I need to find that. Shouldn't be a problem. I'm excited about my discount!!!!

I think that's all for now. I will follow up with more updates later.

5 comments:

Gary & Laurel Cox said...

Good thing you get to sleep in!!! Sounds like today was a pretty cool orientation. Nice to get paid for riding Buzz Lightyear and the Haunted Mansion.

Mom said...

I'm sure you're cute in your uniform. Did you ever even play baseball?
It will be nice to be able to see the parks a little bit a a time and not have to feel like you have to see it all right now.

Princess Pixie Dust said...

I played softball, never baseball. But I never wore the turn of the century type uniforms. It was always shorts, cleats and a jersey. But I am glad that I get to see the parks a little at a time. I honestly think that might be more fun than seeing it all in one day.

AM Kingsfield said...

So when I come down to visit, can we go shopping?

Princess Pixie Dust said...

I would love to go shopping with you Aunt Ann! We can use my Disney Discount. So, when are you coming down to visit?