Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A Better Day and First Day of Class

So yesterday at work was kind of slow. But that was Ok. There were 2 cute incidents that occured. The first was while I was being greeter at the front of Casey's. A little girl was waiting in line with her mother and father and she turned around to see me standing there smiling. So she came over to show me her prize for the day. She had gotten a large-ish stuffed Stitch. She was so proud of it! I told her that now she could be Lilo because she had her own Stitch. She smiled the largest smile I have ever seen because I was so happy with her. Her mother thanked me, which made me happy. Apparently I'm doing my job well.
The next thing that happened was a little girl and her mother came in while I was being a filler. The little girl had obviously been to the Bibbity Bobbiti Boutique. My cashier Angela, another filler Mesheka (I'm not sure if I spelled her name right) and I all curtsied to this little girl in a Belle costume. She bowed back and walked off while her mother continued to order. I looked over to where the little girl had gone and she was practicing her custseys. It was so adorable!!!
Before work yesterday, Bree and I were extremly productive. We woke up late at 11:30, went to the grocery store, found Bree's bank so she could finally deposit her paycheck, then we came back and did our laundry, cleaned the apartment a little bit and watched Friends. Bree also told me that she felt like we had been roommates for years. That made me happy. We also decided that if we both get the professional internships we are going to live together along with Beth if she gets one too.

So, today was my first day of class. It was hard to get up because I hadn't gotten back from work until after 2 so I only got about 3.5 hours of sleep. But I have a friend in class with me which makes it better. And the class will be interesting too. The first class was 2 hours of introductions all around, half an hour of break and 1.5 hours of learning. It will be good.

Well, that's all for now. Byes!

4 comments:

Gary & Laurel Cox said...

I think your class will be really cool!

AM Kingsfield said...

Bibbity-Bobbity-Boutique - tee hee.

I don't know how you can function on so little sleep.

I'm so delighted to hear you like your roomie - what a godsend!

Plus - you are absolutely perfect for that job!

(Here's Lexie)
Its so cute how the little girl practiced her curtsies. and the other was Lilo.(or so she thought!)

I miss you! =)

Mom said...

what does a filler do?
What is the class about?
Sounds like Disney is magic for you and all the little kids that come anywhere near you.

Princess Pixie Dust said...

Lexi! I miss you too! I am sending you a present today so it should be there soon. Love you!

Gramma, a filler fills orders for guests while a cashier rings them in. My class is about hospitality management.