Friday, June 13, 2008

Magic Kingdom Day

Yesterday was a pretty good day for the most part. The first part of the day was bad.
Abby, Bree and I were woken up by people barging into our apartment, blowing a shrill whistle and screaming "Inspection!". It made us mad because the people doing our inspections know that we have late hours at work. None of us got more than 7 hours of sleep as a result of them. Not happy.
But to make it better, Bree and I went to the Magic Kingdom before work and just walked around because Bree still doesn't feel like she knows our park that well. We walked the entireity of the park. We rode the Tomorrowland Transit Authority and Mad Tea Cups as well as seeing the Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor and Mickey's Philharmonic shows. Every other ride had a line of 50 minutes or more. We decided it wasn't worth the wait since we would be here for 7 months. We can ride everything when there are shorter lines.
Bree and I also came up with a plan B for the end of our program. She and I are both trying for the Professional Internships but these are extremly competitive. So we decided that if we didn't make it, she would drive home to Maryland with me and we would tour D.C. for a few days. After that I would fly out to California with Bree because she has this insane fear of flying. She lives close to Disneyland so while I was at her house I would go tour Disneyland with her. I think it's a great plan B. Who needs to figure out their lives immediatly anyways?
Plan A is if we get the Professional Internship we are going to live together, possibly with 2 of our other roommates who are also trying for the Professional Internships. Bree and I also decided that for the Professional Internship we would apply to both DisneyWorld and Disneyland. Better chance of success that way.

Work yesterday was horrifyingly boring. Normally we get rushes before and after both nighttime parades and before and after the fireworks. We got a rush before the first parade and that was it. The rest of the night hardly anyone came in. On top of that, we were amazingly overstaffed. There were 5 or 6 new trainees and there was an anticipated attendance of 50 thousand guests. But it rained twice, one of those being a terrible thunder and lightning storm. So people ran away.

I got a package from my mom today. Yay! She loves me; she sent me a hurricane prepardness kit. It made me smile. We are already keeping lots of water bottles in our apartment. But I'll go buy more just to make her feel better. Love you Mommy!!

Today, I am taking a friend from work to WalMart so that she can get food. Then we will go to the post office so that I can send Mik, Sofie, Lexie and Mantha their gifts that I bought. After the post office, Bree, Nicky (friend from work mentioned above) and I are going to Quidoba for lunch. It's like Chipotle only I like it better and it's really close to our apartment.

Well, that's all for now. Byes!

1 comment:

Magenta said...

my favorite phrase in that whole post: "our park"! You already own it!