Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Training Day 1

So yesterday was a great lot of fun.

I began my day by going to Chick Fil A with Bree, where they messed up her order but she got more food that way so it worked. Then we went to Target to get our shoes for work. For all black shoes, they are actually really cute and extremly comfortable. Plus, I spent half of what everyone at my job said they spent so I win. Yay me.

The next part of my day was going to the Magic Kingdom for my first day of training. I got there ridiculously early because I needed to go to Costuming to find the other parts of my costume that were unavailable or that I forgot the day before. Then I went to find my locker.

At my locker, I met the Fairy Godmother. She was very nice and she used to live in Crofton and her son still lives there. It made me very happy. After I checked my locker and dropped some of my stuff off, I went to the Mouseketeria to read my book for a little bit. I saw Aladdin, Aurora, Peter Pan and Jasmine.

Then I started my training with a little bump at the beginning. We signed up for the Disney Learning Center, so that we can check out resources if we need to. Then we went to Casey's (we being me, Jeremy and Amy the other 2 training with me and Rachel our trainer). At Casey's there was a bit of a problem. Costuming was out of the Casey's aprons which you must have to work. So we called and there was only one left. Since my group was training in the front of the house we got dibbs. So we took a field trip to costuming.

At costuming we went and asked for the apron. It was the same guy that we talked to on the phone and he said that there were no aprons. I really thought that my trainer might spontaneously combust at that point. The guy went in the back and found one and all was well with the world.

Then we went back to Casey's and began our actual training. I caught on really quick, as did the other 2. It's a fast paced area to work and there is no room for personal bubbles but I love it. The people I work with are fun, so far at least. One of the girls who works there, Sophia, hugged me a lot. It made me happy because I love hugs.

I didn't get off work until about 1:30 and didn't get back to my room until 2:30. I didn't even realize I was tired until I stopped moving. I guess that's a good thing.

So today, I have the same schedule for work as yesterday, tomorrow I work from 11 am to 7:30 pm and then I get 2 days off before working an 11.5 hour shift on Saturday. I will be very busy and it will be great.

4 comments:

Magenta said...

The fairy godmother is from CROFTON?! Who knew! Maybe the three good fairies live close to home too - I know I sure would like to run into any of them while I was at a "mousketeria"!

Mom said...

Is there anything that isn't fun and makes you happy?

AM Kingsfield said...

2 AM? I can't believe you were awake at that hour? How late did you get to sleep in the next day?

Princess Pixie Dust said...

Gramma, so far there isn't anything here that hasn't made me unhappy. It is simply amazing.

Aunt Ann, I got to sleep in until about 8:45ish the next day and then had to work another 8 hours training shift that night. But more about that to come...