Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Possibility for Me

I had a 10 hour shift today which was pretty easy.

The first 3 hours was a CP Welcome Session where I got all kinds of fliers and stuff, watched some videos and got paid for it. At this welcome session we talked to one of our managers about all of the possibilities open for us. One of them is trainer, one is coordinator and the other is GT. I found out that I may be able to get any one of these positions. I told my manager that I am interested in GT. This is the general teller position. It's like an introductory accounting position. That position will aid me in getting a professional internship in accounting or finance and it will look phenomenal on a resume.

Then I got an hour long break before starting my real shift. I got to be in charge of the kitchen again for 4 hours and then I worked out front for 2 hours. I helped one girl with closing because she wasn't sure what to do since she hadn't done closing after her training was over. Yay for me being able to help.

I decided that I am going to drop my class. Several reasons behind this are as follows: 1. It's more like the human resource management class that I've already taken, 2. Customer service really isn't covered in this class and there may be a class offered later in the year focused solely on customer service, 3. My only "day off" is the day of my class which doesn't count as a day off, 4. I work only closing shifts which means at the earliest I'm home by 2, 5. I really need a day off that is in all actuality a day off where I can catch up on sleep because I am close to burnt out and I refuse to be burnt out since I want to stay here, 6. I graduated so I don't really need the class.

I'm sorry if this disappoints anyone (especially Mom or Dad) but right now I just need to get used to my new sleep schedule and work schedule before trying to add in a class. I have been thinking about this since last week and I just have to do this.

That's all I've got for now. Love you all!

2 comments:

Magenta said...

I can't even believe you thought we would be disappointed in you!!! We are so proud of you!!!

Graduating from college and working at Disney ... what a life!

Besides - you of all people - know that I will support you in your quest for a nap, a good night sleeps or even just 40 zzzzzzzs!

AM Kingsfield said...

You know, most people have two days off. Stop working so hard or you'll make us all look bad!