Thursday, July 17, 2008

News

So, since my last post several things have happened around here. One of my roommates, Abby, decided to leave and go home to a better paying job and to be around her family. I understand the decision but it makes me sad and I miss her. It's sad that I only got about a month and a half with her. I ran errands with her all day Monday so that she could get ready to leave and that night me Bree, Beth and Abby went out to Raglan Road, the Irish Pub and Restaurant at Downtown Disney. It has only authentic Irish food and it was so good. When I told Mom that I ate Irish food she was shocked, not only because I ate it but because I liked it. :P

My other news is that last Saturday/Sunday (I had a shift that began on Saturday and ended on Sunday) I went and gave myself a second degree burn on my left forearm. What happened was, I was cleaning the fry table at the end of the night and bumped my arm against the chili pot holder for about 2 seconds, maybe 3, and immediatly my arm got burned. It didn't look that bad that night and it didn't look bad Sunday during my 12 hour shift. But on Monday it was red and inflamed and itchy. So on Tuesday I went to the doctors; working for Disney means I can go to their doctors and I don't have to pay for a co-pay. Wahoo! On Tuesday they told me to try soaking my arm in Espom salts and to put Neosporin on the wound to see if that helped the inflamation and almost infection and I had to go back on Wednesday. The salts helped with the inflamation but the red spread on my arm so on Wednesday I was given antibiotics, which was free because I work for Disney, went to their doctors office and it was awound from on the job. Yipee for me not having to pay lots of money for medicine!!!! My arm is now looking better because the anitbiotics are working along with the Espom salts.

I talked to Bailey for a long time yesterday and I'm leaving on Thursday December 11th for her wedding. It made her so happy because her other 2 bridesmaids weren't planning on coming until Friday. Yay for me getting to see my best friend!!!!

That's all my news. I hope that everything with everyone else is going great. Byes!

1 comment:

AM Kingsfield said...

ouch! I hate burns!
I suppose you are allowed to refuse cleaning service and just clean for yourself.
Sheesh! How rude!