So, it's been a super long time since I've updated. I moved home to Bowie successfully and secured a job as a waitress at Smokey Bones. I'm happy to have that job at least but I am still looking for something more full time/permanent and in my field. If anyone knows of any accounting jobs that are entry level please let me know!
Events since coming home:
1. My cousin graduated high school and is going off to college in a few weeks. This was the first opportunity I've had to pass on college wisdom. It was fun in a geeky kind of way
2. My other cousin started driving. She turns 16 next month and can then get an official license. Ahh! Kind of scary...
3. My parents celebrated their 25th wedding anniversary. My brother and I threw them a party that went off well (if I do say so myself). My parents are an inspiration. Seriously, 25 years of being married! Wow.
4. My brother joined the Airforce!!!!!!!! It's really exciting. I've never seen him this driven or excited about anything. Our entire family is just over the moon about this.
5. My 2 best friends are moving to Scotland in a few weeks. Amazing!!! I'm trying to save up money so that I can go visit in April during their Spring Break from grad school. I will graciously accept any donations to the Scotland fund.
That's a brief synopsis of life. I've reconnected with old friends from high school which is fun. It's incredible seeing how we're still the same people but at the same time observing how much we've grown in 5 years. At the moment I'm waiting on hearing back about a job interview from last week. Here's to crossing fingers and lots of prayers hoping that I can get a real grown up job!