Thursday, August 28, 2008

Rant followed by GT stuff

Ok, seriously the moron who created Vista Way needs to be smacked. Who the heck builds an apartment complex in freaking Florida that doesn't have any rain gutters/drains?!?! Seriously, in case no one has ever noticed it rains a lot in Florida and having to walk through puddles that come above my ankle is absurd. While I may not be that tall the puddles still shouldn't be that high. It didn't even rain a lot today and the puddles got huge and deep! Idiots.

Anyways, on to happier news. I began my GT training yesterday and aside from the having to get up ridiculously early I love it!!!! My trainer is a great deal of fun which is a relief because I was getting mixed reviews from everyone about her. She was amazing and I learned a lot from her. Yesterday I just followed and watched what she did. Today, however, I "ran" the show. That means that anytime there was a problem I fixed it, I did most of the setting up this morning and unless I couldn't figure something out (which only happened once) my trainer let me do everything. It was great!!!

Apparently though I am a bad daughter because I neglected to tell my mother that I work in an ice cream parlor attached to a bakery. I just kept referring to it as shops which is what it's called here in Magic Kingdom lingo and I forgot that my parents who don't work here didn't know that. Granted, my mother didn't say that I was a terrible daughter but she was just adorably excited and jealous of me working in an ice cream shop that I think she wishes we may be able to switch lives for a few days. I'm not allowed to eat any of the ice cream though. That might kill the desire to be me just slightly.

Also, as a yay me for running the show today, the Snow White DVD that I ordered weeks ago as a go me for getting the position showed up today. So that's what I'm watching now. I'm going to get back to that. Byes!!

2 comments:

Magenta said...

"The Shops" ... I thought it was a store where you might purchase a Mickey Mouse t-shirt. What a wonderful life - working in an ICE CREAM shop at DISNEY WORLD!!!! Too bad you can't eat any of the ice cream - that seems very mean.

Yes, you are living my dream ... thank you for blogging to keep me informed.

Mom said...

It rains in Florida?
I am so proud of you. Hot dogs were nice, but ice cream is wonderful. Do the grandparents of he GT get free samples?